Goniometer : CLS RXG-234
The ARGOS Platform direction finder
Argos is a unique worldwide location and data collection system dedicated to studying and protecting the environment.
The CLS goniometer has been designed by CLS to specifically allow users to find active ARGOS platforms in the field. Depending on the altitude and the reception conditions the goniometer can detect all transmitting platforms within a radius of 100 km or more.
- The direction towards the Argos platform
- The signal power of the Argos transmitter
- The GNSS positions transmitted by the platform (if any)
- Argos demodulated messages and PTT reception angle are displayed
- Provides direction and distance estimation of the transmitter
- Real-time decoding of GPS positions transmitted by the platform (if any)*
- All received data is stored and can be downloaded via USB
- Full compatibility with the current ARGOS constellation, ARGOS 4 and future KINEIS constellation
- Extended Internal Memory save up to 200 000 messages internally (shared between all favorites platforms)
- All to Favorite mode to automatically consider any platform received as a favorite (internally recorded)
- Proximity & Narrow band modes for last meters and difficult conditions