- Record-Breaking distances revealed by Argos
- Spoon-billed Sandpipers, long-range travelers
- Sea turtle ecology: a novel solution to increase knowledge using Argos
- Assessing fisheries bycatch risks to seabirds
- How to define a protected area for elephants from space
- Red-Throated divers move away from offshore wind farms
- Seals tracked by Argos prove great migrators
- Dorcas gazelles’ seasonal patterns of activity recorded by Argos
- New Argos Platform Finder!
- Angels: The Argos metamorphosis has started
- … and more!
04.03.2021 Forum Biodiversity: Increasing our knowledge from space
06.12.2019 Brochure Global animal tracking: Argos satellite services
Argos makes it possible to track a wide-range of species, including birds, terrestrial or marine animals.
06.12.2019 Forum Understanding the impact of human activity on animals
- Understanding the impact of narwhals in the Arctic
- Monitoring the reintroduction into the wild of California condors
- Gaining insight into interactions between sunfish and fisheries
- Changing summer habits of Russian polar bears
- Studying interactions between penguins and fisheries
- Mapping global migration corridors
- Argos constellation expands with the launch of ANGELS
- Need and Argos account and ID numbers? It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
- Contributing to sustainable reindeer herding in Russia
- …. and more!
28.11.2018 Forum Special Edition: European User Conference on Argos Wildlife
Share, Exchange, Discover/Innovations in Argos Wildlife
A tribute to the European User Conference on Argos Wildlife at CLS headquarters in Toulouse, France, November 21-22, 2018.
14.08.2017 Brochure CLS services for Marine Protected Areas
As exclusive operator of the Argos satellite system, CLS has worked hand-in-hand with scientists, governments and international organizations to protect and conserve marine ecosystems/biodiversity via wildlife tracking and monitoring projects. CLS has also worked actively with fishermen and fisheries administrations to develop and implement Vessel Monitoring Systems (VMS) & catch reporting solutions to monitor and control fisheries and manage them sustainably. From the implementation phase, to daily management, monitoring, and long-term evaluation, CLS’s interdisciplinary expertise can be mobilized in support of Marine Protected Areas.
26.07.2017 Presse LAUNCH OF ARGOS for NEXT GENERATIONS
The satellite-based Internet of things (IoT) will be accessible everywhere, for a sustainable planet.
28.06.2017 Forum Argos, Serving Marine Protected Areas
- Juvenile sea turtles and Marine Protected Areas in the Gulf of Mexico
- Using Argos to track sharks in the Malpelo sanctuary
- Learning more about basking sharks with Argos
- Penguins show the way for marine spatial planning
- The extraordinary migration of the Hudsonian godwit
- Projects: Understanding sea turtles in Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park
- News: Introducing a new data portal merging Earth Observation & wildlife tracking data!
- Fun facts about Argos in Marine Protected Areas
Image copyright Simon J. Pierce: https://www.simonjpierce.com
20.06.2017 Brochure Online portals for animal tracking data
This document provides an updated list of online web portals to display, manage, analyze and share your Argos Satellite data.
16.12.2016 Forum Argos, protecting endangered species
- Caspian seal ecology and conservation
- Using Argos to identify key marine areas for conservation of endangered green turtles
- A conservation success story: The whooping crane
- New Argos chipset will revolutionize animal tracking
- Introducing the new Argosweb interface—a better way to access your data!