History of the Argos System
OUR STORY OVER THE YEARS
Argos System’s Creation
- The French Space Agency (CNES, the National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) and the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) collaborate to create the Argos system, originally as a scientific tool for collecting and relaying meteorological and oceanographic data around the world.
- CNES created a subsidiary, CLS (Collecte Localisation Satellites) to operate, maintain & commercialize the system.
Joining of EUMETSAT & ISRO
- The European Organization for the Exploitations of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) joins the Argos Operations committee followed by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- CLS, operator of the Argos system, and the French Space Agency (CNES) create Kinéis to take over and transform the Argos system.
Kinéis begins production of 25 nanosattelites
- Kinéis begins revolutionizing the Argos system with the production of 25 nanosatellites and installation of 20 ground stations around the world.
Kinéis’ Constellation Launch
- The upgraded system will be operational and complete offering unprecedented capabilities.
Begin with Argos
CLS teams experts in environmental monitoring from space are at your disposal to connect any of your projects.