13.06.2017 Animal tracking applications 2nd Argos Asian Wildlife Tracking Workshop
The 2nd Argos Asian Wildlife Tracking Workshop will be held in Incheon, Korea, on July 4th & 5th, 2017. It is hosted by Dr. Jin-Han Kim, Director of the Animal Resources Division, National Institute of Biological Resources, Korea and supported by Dr. Su-Kyung Kang, NIFS (National Institute of Fisheries Science).
All Argos users, manufacturers or potential users are welcome to attend this two-day workshop.
- When: July 4th & 5th, 2017
- Where: National Institute of Biological Resources, Incheon, Korea
On the first day of conference, “Revealing the extraordinary migratory journeys of birds with Argos,” we will discover the work of renowned avian biologists using Argos to understand migration, habitat and behavior.
On the second day, “Uncovering the mysteries of marine mammals and pelagic species with Argos”, we will learn more about how marine biologists use Argos to protect marine mammals and pelagic species.
The objectives of this meeting are:
- Provide a forum for wildlife trackers and Argos representatives,
- Inform on the Argos system and future capabilities,
- Share experiences and knowledge about Argos,
- Communicate on new Argos services and transmitters available.