What’s the meaning of location classes?
Location classes provide information on the location process and an indication of the location accuracy:
- classes 0, 1, 2, 3 indicate that the location was obtained with 4 messages or more and provides the accuracy estimation,
- class A indicates that the location was obtained with 3 messages,
- class B indicates that the location was obtained with 2 messages,
- class G indicates that the location is a GPS fix obtained by a GPS receiver attached to the platform. The accuracy is better than 100 meters.
- class Z indicates that the location process failed.
The accuracy cannot be estimated for classes A and B (not enough messages).