Argos is the only global satellite-based system for location and data collection designed specifically to study and protect our planet’s environment.
02.05.2016 Brochure Argos 3D Tracking
Use our 3D tracking interface to add a new, environmental dimension to your Argos animal tracks!
02.12.2015 Presse Press Release: COP21 Biodiversity: High stakes for humanity
20.11.2015 Forum Argos, monitoring the impacts of climate change
– Polar bears and climate change
– A near real-time climate observation system for high latitudes
– Boom-bust nomads in a changing climate
– Triton moorings for the tropical ocean climate
– Sharpening climate change predictions for marine fishes
– What future for Crozet Island's king penguins?
– Monitoring cyclonic waves
– How leatherback turtles will react to climate change
– ARGO: A revolution in climate research
– ARGOS: An enabling technology for climate research
14.10.2015 Flash October 2015
Don’t pay for unused ID numbers
Find all active Argos platforms in the field using the CLS goniometer
New argos antenna on Easter Island!
New look for ArgosWeb!
In which cases are Argos location classes overestimated?
49th meeting of the Argos Operations Committee
28.04.2015 Forum Innovations in Ocean Science
-Observing the Southern Ocean and beyond with an extremely long-lived drifting buoy
-Elephant seals as an innovative source of in-situ observations in the Southern Ocean
-Transforming the IMOCA 60s of the Barcelona World Race into Volunteer Ships
-Finding a lost glider in the Southern Ocean
20.01.2015 Flash January 2015
A new look for the Argos website
Improving the Argos system for low power transmitters
Why would I have two different Argos location values for the same satellite pass, based on the time at which I download my data?
IUCAWA: Highlighting the remarkable research performed by biologists with Argos
DBCP /JTA, October 27-November 5, Weihai, China
17.11.2014 Presse IUCAWA 2014 National Aquarium program
17.11.2014 Presse Communiqué de presse IUCAWA 2014
Wallace J. Nichols, Dee Boersma, Gerardo Ceballos, Barbara Block, Randall Wells, George Durner…What do these super-star scientists have in common?
04.11.2014 Forum Special Edition International User Conference Argos
A tribute to the International Argos User’s Conference on Wildlife Applications,
National Aquarium, Baltimore, USA, November 18-20, 2014
- DIVERSITY AND ECOLOGY OF SPECIES TRACKED BY ARGOS
- WILDLIFE TRACKING CONSERVATION APPLICATIONS
- USING ARGOS TO UNDERSTAND PROTECTED HABITATS AND SPECIES
- ARGOS AS A TOOL TO ADVANCE GLOBAL CONSERVATION AND IMPROVE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY, ECONOMICS AND SOCIETY
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS WALLACE J. NICHOLS
- USING ARGOS TRACKING TO ASSESS IMPACTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON WILDLIFE
- ARGOS TRACKING - BEST PRACTICES AND LESSONS LEARNED
- THE ARGOS SYSTEM
- HOW MUST ARGOS EVOLVE
- SUCCESS STORIES IN CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT
- ADVANCES IN ARGOS WILDLIFE TRACKING TOOLS
- HOW RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS ARE EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATEDTO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- SUSTAINING THE FUTURE OF ARGOS WILDLIFE TRACKING